Monday, November 22, 2010

Piano Lesson Journal #4 i think

So on friday we finished act 1 scene 2, which added a lot of background information on the family. I think it was really interesting to learn about how the piano was made and why, and how Doaker and his brothers stole the piano from Sutter. Then Berniece talked about how her mother made her play the piano all the time, and she said something about how her mother "mixed her blood in with all the rest" on the piano. This makes me think that the piano has some bloody history, and that the reason Berniece won't sell it has something to do with her mother.
Also, I think it's weird that Sutter's Ghost has become a legit character in the play, since I thought the play was like, reaslistic. Guess not.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about Sutter's ghost. I was really surprised when he was introduced into the book, and now I'm surprised how the ghost itself seems to be developing its own character and personality. We keep hearing more and more about the ghost, and I'm interested to see how else he will be involved in the story. Also, about the quote, "mixed her blood in with all the rest," I think it has a strong effect and emphasizes how many people have suffered over just one piano. Berniece seems to have a flair for drama.

    ReplyDelete