Monday, November 29, 2010

Piano Lesson day #8ish

I totally knew they were going to kiss. I totally saw it coming. And while it seemed romantic and all, and they might have more romance later, it seems like they're destined to not be a couple. I mean, Lymon is helping Boy Willie sell the piano, and Berniece really doesn't want to sell it. Maybe Lymon will take her side after this and not help Boy Willie sell it, because now he's in love with Berniece. Maybe, but I don't think that's his character. Because even with all his talk about how Boy Willie doesn't do things right, Lymon will still do whatever Boy Willie tells him to. And on the point of Avery, I don't think Berniece will choose him. He seems very boring, and very insistent on having a "good wife." I wouldn't want to marry him, but hey, maybe Berniece does.

Is it just me or is this getting really Twilight-ish? Team Avery vs. Team Lymon?...
Ugh. I'm sorry I even brought that up.

Also, they have a lot of sex. Boy Willie and Lymon, at least. Apparently, abstinence isn't a big deal in this time period.

I commented: "Yeah, I was kinda surprised at how Lymon's actions didn't really match his words when he was coming on to Berniece, he kept saying how he wanted Grace or how that one woman he slept with was the prettiest woman he'd ever seen. Not exactly the best way to lead into a kiss. Maybe it's because he was drunk?"

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your comment on abstinence. I think that people were a lot more straightforward and open about their feelings. Avery is quite the example. Trying to marry Berniece so intently and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the part about Berniece. I don't think she will end up with either one of those guys. I like what she was saying to Avery when she was talking about being independent and how a woman doesn't need a man to get by. And i think that's more of her character.

    ReplyDelete