Sunday, December 12, 2010

Casting Othello!

Othello:
"Most potent, grave, and reverend signors, my very noble and approved good masters; that I have ta'en away this old man's daughter, it is most true; true, I have married her." (33)
"Now, by heaven, my blood begins my safer guides to rule,
and passion, having my best judgement collied, essays to lead the way." (93)I'd have Shemar Moore play Othello because
I think Moore is a talented
dramatic actor, plus his last name is Moore like the Moor!
What a cowinkydink.


Iago:
"And nothing can or shall content my soul til I am evened with him, wife for wife, or failing so, yet that I put the Moor at least into a jealousy so strong that judgement cannot cure." (77)
"My wife must move for Cassio to her mistress; I'll set her on; myself the while to draw the Moor apart and bring hi
m jump when he may Cassio find soliciting his wife. Ay, that's the way." (105)
Topher Grace, because he played such a perfect snivelly little annoying evil character in Spiderman 3. Hahaha.

Desdemona:
"To you I am bound for life and education; my life and education both do learn me how to respect you." (41)
"My noble Moor is true of mind and made of no such baseness as jealous creatures are..." (149)
Rachel Weisz because she is beautiful and plays very sensible characters, not to mention she's exotic looking and a good actress.

Emilia:
"If it be not for some purpose of import, give't me again. Poor lady, she'll run mad when she shall lack it." (135)
"I am glad to have found this napkin... I'll have the work taken out and give't Iago. What he will do with it heaven knows, not I; I nothing but to please his fantasy."
Amanda Seyfried
because Emilia seems kind of... dumb. Or at least oblivious to Iago's evilness. She reminds me of Amanda Seyfried's character in Mean Girls.


And also Cassio:

Darren Criss, because Darren Criss is gorgeous and is very good at playing a protagonist. Darren Criss is my favorite actor ever and Cassio is my favorite character, and I hope Cassio doesn't die.

1 comment:

  1. I like the actors that you have chosen, and I like that you have the pictures of them too. It really helps me (the reader) to see why you chose them. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete